The elusive 5-star rating does not come out often, so when it does, you know you’re in for a treat. Some books are great, others are memorable, and some are so profound and moving, and stay with you for years afterwards. Those books are usually my 5-Star reads, and here are my predicted 5-Star reads on my TBR.
1. Us Against You by Fredrik Backman: As someone who has already declared Beartown to be the best book they read in 2020, there is no doubt that Us Against You will be an equally compelling story about the residence of Beartown. I’m ready to go on this emotional rollercoaster ride.
2. Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor: Strange the Dreamer was a magical and captivating start to this duology, and now that the stakes are even higher than they were, I have a strong feeling that Muse of Nightmares will knock it out of the park. Laini Taylor never fails to entrance her readers with her words, therefore, Muse of Nightmares has a strong chance of getting that 5-star rating.
3. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller: This book has been on my tbr list for years. I know this will be a 5-Star read, I’m just not ready for the emotional turmoil I’ll endure along the way.
4. Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin: The most talked-about book of 2019, a potential 5-Star read and an addictive fantasy with a fascinating setting and interesting characters. Sign me up for this one.
5. The Midnight Lie by Marie Rutkoski: Everyone should know that Rutkoski’s Winner’s Trilogy is a favourite. The fact that The Midnight Lie will allow us to explore more of that world already has me itching to get my hands on it, and I can’t wait to meet a new slew of compelling characters.
6. Morning Star by Pierce Brown: Yet another book that is gathering dust on my shelves. Pierce Brown is a force in sci-fi. The first two books of his Red Rising series were addictive, stressful, and haunting. Morning Star intimidates me, but I have no doubts that it will be a breathtaking 5-star read.
Were any of these books a 5-Star read for you?
What are your 5-Star predictions?