Happy Tuesday everyone! As readers, one of our biggest challenges is getting a handle on our never-ending to-be-read list. With all the amazing books set to release this year, my tbr list has once again grown. Here are the latest 10 books to have been added to my tbr list.
1. Internment by Samira Ahmed: This book is guaranteed to be an emotional ride with its hard-hitting themes. There is definitely a lot of potential with this book to be one of the most impactful releases of the year.
2. Descendant of the Crane by Joan He: Based on what I’ve read in the build-up to the release of this book, Descendant of the Crane sounds like my kind of epic fantasy. With the promise of political intrigue, complex character dynamics, and the influence of Chinese history, this book had to go on the tbr list.
3. You Asked For Perfect by Laura Silverman: Confession, I don’t remember adding this one to my tbr. Then I went to re-read the summary and I remembered exactly why I added it. A contemporary that focuses on the pressure to be perfect in every aspect of life. This book sounds like a promise for character growth and the development of beautiful relationships along the way.
4. Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers: A dark fantasy with the promise of all kinds of bloody and brutal meetings. I also think that following the life of an undercover agent will be really interesting, especially when the objective starts to slip away from their grasp.
5. Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan: The first line of the synopsis is about a girl who can speak to gods. How can it possibly get better than that? This is another fantasy that promises a wild and bloody ride.
6. The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern: I’m not the only one that has been eagerly anticipating Erin Morgenstern’s next release. The Night Circus is a favourite of mine and I can’t wait to see what kind of adventure this magical world will take us on.
7. 99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne: This sounds like the cutest romance ever. I’m a total sucker for the childhood friends to lovers trope. It’s the perfect slow burn romance that will make my romantic heart flutter.
8. The Merciful Crow by Margaret Owen: There’s something about a morally ambiguous character that really pulls me in. They always have layers of complexities to them and you’re never too sure of their motives. For that reason, I had to add this book to the list.
9. Aurora Rising by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman: The was an automatic add. After the madness that was the Illuminae Files, I am 100% behind any collaboration by these authors.
10. Wicked Fox by Kat Cho: My latest addition to the list. This book looks stunning and the mythology surrounding the nine-tail fox that feeds on the souls of wicked men sounds awesome.
What’s the latest book you added to your tbr list?