Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
Books. A wonderful treasure set to take you on an adventure…but there’s always a price. Literally. The amount of money I spend on books is ridiculous. I’m trying to limit my spending for the time because every penny I earn goes towards next months holiday So, that means the pretty books I want to read are still waiting for me. 😦 Here are the 10 books I’d instantly buy if I was give an unlimited spending gift card.
1. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard: I avoided this book when it first came out because the hype intimidated me. However, it’s been a good 6 months or so since its release and the hype’s dwindled a bit so I think now’s a good time to give this book a chance.
2. Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry: I am so, so tempted to buy this book right now. I’ve been wanting to check in with the Thunder Road characters and Razor’s story definitely intrigues me. I. NEED. THIS. BOOK.
3. Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee: My most anticipated historical fiction title of the year and I’ve not read it. *cries* This is another book I am tempted to buy but I must refrain. I love the setting of the book and the fact that it looks at the life of an Asian-American in the 1900’s is definitely a bonus.
4. Stars Above by Marissa Meyer: I know what you’re all thinking. How could I have not read this book yet? Honestly, I forgot and got swept up by all these other new releases. I will jump at any chance to check in with my Rampion Crew and get some insights into life before the Lunar Chronicles so this book will be read by the end of the year. I promise you that.
5. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr: My main reason for needing this book is because I’m sure Jenna is set on having every reader pick it up. I’ve had a good relationship with historical fiction this year so now seems like the perfect time to read it.
6. The Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski: Everyone has been telling me to read this series and I really am desperate to do so. I love binge reading series and I am ready to meet Kestrel and Arin and go on this journey with them, no matter how emotional it may be.
7. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson: This is the only Matson book I’ve yet to read and I find it unacceptable. So many people have said that this is their favourite Morgan Matson book and I want to know why.
8. The Deal (Off-Campus #1) by Elle Kennedy: I’ve been reading a lot of contemporary sport romances recently and I am hooked to these athletic type. The Off-Campus series has been getting some rave reviews and I’m told it’s very light on the angst. The cover is definitely a great selling point as well. 😉
9. Iron to Iron (Wolf by Wolf #1.5) by Ryan Graudin: I have no reason for not buying this title because it’s a novella. I’ve put it on the list because I always forget about it and I want to have read it before Blood for Blood is released. I want to know what happened between Luka and Adele.
10. Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #2) by Leigh Bardugo: This book isn’t even out yet but my patience is wearing thin. I am so ready to get sucked back into this world. My shippers heart is demanding it. I have questions, I want answers and as long as my favourites still have a pulse by the end of the book I will be one happy reader.
Those are the books I’d immediately buy if given the chance.
Which books would you instantly buy?