Happy Christmas Eve, everyone. It seems like this festive period has just flown by. I hope you’re all enjoying the festivities. Now, as readers, we have a very long list of books we’d love to see under the Christmas tree. I am no exception, and here are the books I’d love to wake up to on Christmas day.
1. Us Against You by Fredrik Backman: I’m still making my way through Beartown, but Fredrik Backman’s writing is so immersive, I’m already invested in the characters of this small-town community. I have no idea how Beartown will end, but I’m sure the consequences will be felt in Us Against You.
2. Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo: The excitement for this book quickly became overshadowed by the disturbing and triggering nature of some scenes featured in the story. Not gonna lie, it put me off the book for a bit, but I’m still so curious about the book and as a fan of Bardugo’s previous works I want to give this one a shot too.
3. Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin: This book has got to be one of the most hyped books of 2019 and I never gave it much thought to start with. However, after reading the synopsis I was sold and knew this would be the kind of book I’d adore.
4. Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak: The Book Thief is one of my all-time favourite books. Naturally, I was so excited to hear about his latest release. Zusak has a way with words that takes the most mundane task and makes it moving. I’d love to see this one under the tree.
5. Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim: Another one from my most anticipated list. I adore the concept of this book and the cover is simply stunning. Who wouldn’t want to have this book?
6. The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang: Because everyone needs a sprinkle of romance in their library. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the book, so who wouldn’t want to get cosy in front of the fire with this beauty?
Which books would you like to find under the Christmas tree?