This week’s topic is all about the characters you’d love to be friends with. There are a ton of characters I would love to actually have in my life, but I thought I’d twist this topic into the fantasy characters you’d want as allies. Fantasy worlds are brutal, and the best way to survive these worlds is to have a solid group to back you up. So, here are the characters I would recruit to be part of my crew.
1. August, This Savage Song: When dealing with monsters, I can’t think of anyone better to face off against them than August, a monster with a heart of compassion. His abilities to use music to steal the souls of our enemies is an asset, but his choice to remain true to himself is something that would ground the crew.
2. Kestrel, The Winner’s Trilogy: We all need someone with the level of intellect Kestrel possesses. She has a brilliant mind for strategy and can analyse the situation from all angles. She’s also good at reading people, and with her political observations, she is crucial for gathering intel on important matters.
3. Kaz Brekker, Six of Crows: Every crew has one member that would cross any line to get the job done. Kaz Brekker is that guy for me. He always seems to be one step ahead of the game and is willing to get his hands dirty for the cause. Also, he is loyal to his crew, even if he’ll never openly admit it.
4. Elian, To Kill a Kingdom: You never know when your adventures will take you out to sea, and Elian is very familiar with the creatures lurking in the vast depth of the ocean. His skill set is crucial for any seafaring adventure, but his political influence would also come in handy when needed. On top of that, the banter would be off the chain epic with him in the team.
5. Nym, Storm Siren: Having someone that can harness the elements on your crew would be very handy. Nym’s abilities would be a valuable additional barrier between us and the enemy, but it’s Nym’s sheer determination and resilience that makes her a great ally.
6. Finnikin, Finnikin of the Rock: We all need a warrior by our side, and Finnikin is as loyal as they get. He’s also a survivor and has shown great resilience in the most difficult times. He is a skilled warrior, but he also inspires hope.
Those are the characters I’d want as allies.
Which character would you want in your corner?