This week we’ve been given a freebie topic, so I thought it would be fun to create a mash-up of characters that I think would make a great team. Some of these teams would be incredibly formidable, others have been matched cause I think they’d form a solid friendship, while others would be pure chaos.
1. Kestrel and Sarene, The Winner’s Trilogy / Elantris: Two incredibly resourceful women, both with sharp minds and a keen eye for politics. This is one hell of a formidable duo. Their combined skill set is insane and I would not want to come between them. The beauty of this team-up would be the intellectual strategising you’d get. Both ladies play the game in their own way and could definitely overthrow a corrupt empire.
2. Lazlo Strange and Gansey, Strange the Dreamer / The Raven Cycle: Both dreamers with a keen eye for research. I feel like Gansey would be completely enamoured by Lazlo’s knowledge of fairy tales, gods and monsters, while Gansey’s detective skills would be a great resource for Lazlo, whose own existence is a bit of a mystery.
3. Tarver Merendsen and Josh Mitchell, These Broken Stars / I’ll Meet You There: My military men. I have the biggest soft spot for these fellas so I would not complain if I ever got stuck in a lift with these two. Obviously, Tarver and Josh have their military experiences to bond over, but they are also two men who have hearts of gold. Sure, they make mistakes, but that’s what makes them so irresistible and the devotion they show to their significant others is swoon-worthy. I’d definitely want these guys on my team when trouble arises.
4. Kaz Brekker and Delilah Bard, Six of Crows / A Darker Shade of Magic: Honestly, any team-up between the Six of Crows gang and our Shades of Magic friends would make me happy. I can actually see Kaz and Lila clashing a lot if they ever teamed up together since Lila isn’t as calculated as Kaz. Luckily, they’ll have Kell, Inej, and the rest of our lovable crew on hand to diffuse any tension. This team-up would just be chaotic and chaos and I would kill to see this.
5. Razor and Luka Lowe, Walk the Edge / Wolf by Wolf: Again, I have a soft spot for both these guys, but beyond their mutual love for motorcycles, Luka and Razor have a tendency to be misjudged. No one expected any real depth from these guys and yet when push comes to shove, you can always count on both of them to have your back when you need it most. Razor especially knows what it’s like to feel the scorn of a community, while Luka’s journey sees him acknowledge his hand in forging these judgements but does his best to learn from his ignorance. These two could easily have been the best of friends.
Which characters would you like to see team-up?