We all have our favourite authors, the ones that are on our auto-buy list knowing that there’s a 90% we’ll love it. However, that does not mean that a few of those books slip right through our fingers. These are the books by my favourite authors that I’ve still not read yet.
1. Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta: My love for Melina Marchetta’s books is not a secret. Her contemporary novels are beautifully moving, and Finnikin of the Rock will forever be one of my favourite fantasy novels. However, I have yet to finish her Lumatere Chronicles, not because I don’t want to, believe me, I do. I don’t actually know why I’ve not finished this series yet, I own the entire set, but I do know that I will get to it one day.
2. Second Chance Summer / Save the Date by Morgan Matson: If you have followed this blog for a while you will surely be tired of seeing Second Chance Summer on my tbr list. Feel free to yell at me because there are no excuses as to why I’ve not read this book yet. I’m hoping to cross at least one of these books off the list by the end of the year though.
3. The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo: I keep going back and forth with this series. I’ve asked around and the general consensus I get is that the series is great if I want to expand my knowledge on the Grishaverse and the power of the Grisha, but it’s also not a necessary read. Maybe the release of King of Scars will have me pick up this series, but for now, it will have to stay on my tbr.
4. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor: I have every intention of reading this book, but it probably won’t be this year. As you all know, I have been hit by a terrible reading slump this year and while I have no doubts about how much I’ll love this book, I cannot find it in me to pick it up. It’s a book that requires my full attention because of its complexity. This is a book that is undoubtedly perfect for a rainy day, but it’ll have to wait a little bit longer before I pick it up.
5. Morning Star by Pierce Brown: *hides in shame* I am forever ashamed of myself for not finishing this series. Believe me when I say I love Red Rising and Golden Son, but the expectation of Morning Star made me so nervous, especially with how unpredictable and painful this series had been so far, that I simply didn’t have the guts to read it. It’s been so long since I read the first two books in the series that I feel like I have to start from the beginning again before tackling Morning Star and then its continuation in Iron Gold.
6. Bad Romance by Heather Demetrios: Heather Demetrios has a good reputation for hitting me where it hurts. I’ll Meet You There is my favourite contemporary novel of all time, and Something Real was just as amazing. However, this book promises to take us on an even darker and purposefully uncomfortable journey. Here’s the thing, I have to be in the right mindset before tackling such a book. I know it’s going to be powerful, and it is definitely going to be worth it in the end, but I have to be in the right mindset to read it.
Have you read any of these books?
Which book by your favourite author have you not read?