There seems to be a growing love/hate relationship with book series these days and it’s a topic I will be covering in a discussion post I’m hoping to write. I love a good series. I love the idea of following a character from beginning to end and exploring a variety of different avenues along the way. However, series are also incredibly time consuming and I just don’t have the time or patience to commit to all the series. So, here’s a list of the book series I’ve decided to abandon.
1. A Song of Ice and Fire by Geroge R. R. Martin: I’ve already mentioned that I’ve tried and failed to read this series many times, but I just can’t make it past the halfway line. It’s just too dense and the constant POV switch is irritating. I’d much rather follow the condensed version of the TV show, but even that is lagging now. I’m ready to move on.
2. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: Again, the concept of this series sounded interesting at first, but as time went on, my interest became non-existent, and I just don’t have any desire or motivation to read her books.
3. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken: The first time I heard of this series was when I was just getting back into reading. The concept sounded awesome at the time and I have no doubts that it’s a fun series to read. However, as time goes by, interests change and that’s exactly what happened here.
4. Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs: Everyone keeps telling me how amazing this series is, but beyond my curiosity with regards to the hype, I’ve never been drawn to the series. Best to just leave it alone.
5. Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout: If my teenage self-was here she would have been all over this series. My adult self, not so much. I’m not the biggest fan of the alien trope anyway.
6. The Witchlands by Susan Dennard: I’m actually on the fence about this series. I’ve read mixed reviews about it and while part of me is still curious about this world, it’s not an immediate priority. I think this is a case of just waiting to see where things go, especially since it’s a 5 book series.
Those are the books series I’ve abandoned.
Which book series have you decided to abandon?