I’ve been saying this for a while, but I am in definite need of a tbr cull. I have so many books on my Goodreads to-read pile, and for some, I don’t even remember why I added them to the list. So here are the 10 books that I am no longer interested in reading.
1. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier: I actually have no recollection of what this book is about. I know this is a translated edition and I think it has something to do with time travel, but beyond that, I have no idea why I added this book to my tbr.
2. Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil by Melina Marchetta: I’m sure you never thought I’d have a Melina Marchetta book on this list, but hear me out. I’m not a big fan of crime novels and this is simply a case of it’s not you, it’s me.
3. Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout: I’m probably one of a few people that have still not read a Jennifer L. Armentrout book. I had every intention of reading this series a few years back, but since then a lot has changed in my reading habits, and I just don’t see the appeal in this series anymore.
4. Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger: I think I added this book because of the pretty cover. I also remember being really interested in the elemental magic. As you all know, elemental magic is my favourite, but I think since I’d forgotten all about this series and have no interest in reading it in the near future it’s better to take it off.
5. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton: I bought this book about two years ago and it’s still gathering dust on my bookshelf. I think the only reason I got the book to start with was that of the hype and I never had any real desire to read it in the first place.
6. Landline by Rainbow Rowell: I seem to automatically add Rainbow Rowell’s books to my list without even reading the synopsis. I still have no idea what this book is about.
7. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: So many people have recommended this book to me, and I had every intention to read it just to say that I had. However, when it came down to it I just wasn’t feeling it, and my number one rule with reading is to never force myself to read a book.
8. Heartless by Marissa Meyer: You guys all know how much I enjoyed the Lunar Chronicles and I was so excited to read this book when it first came out. However, since then I’ve all but forgotten about it, and I think when it comes to re-tellings and origin stories I’m a bit more picky about the ones I chose to read.
9. The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey: For the most part I enjoyed the 5th Wave. It wasn’t a remarkable book, but it was still interesting. However, after reading the first book in the series, my interest basically became non-existent.
10. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin: I really did try to read this book, but I only got as far as about the halfway mark before giving up. This book is just far too dense for my liking, and the constant POV switch with every chapter just confused me.
Those are the books I’m no longer interested in reading.
Which books have lost your interest?