Cupid’s got his arrow out and is ready to make his mark once again. However, this single lady has only been struck by her swoon-worthy book boyfriends lately. I’ve started reading a lot more romance novels and with Valentine’s day just around the corner, I thought I’d share with you some of the most swoon-worthy novels I’ve read so far. Now, I tend to read a lot of the same author, so to save this list from becoming one massive gushing session on all of their books, I’ve chosen to spotlight one book by each author.
1. The Deal (Off-Campus Series, #1) by Elle Kennedy: This book kick-started my love affair with romance books and sports contemporary novels. I need Garrett Graham in my life. Seriously, where can I find him? This romance was beautifully paced and I loved how their relationship is grounded in the friendship they develop first.
2. Sacked (Gridiron, #1) by Jen Frederick: The romance in this book sizzles. The chemistry between Knox and Ellie is palpable. If you’re looking for a steamy but tender romance that’s relatively angst-free, this is the book for you.
3. Keepsake (True North Series, #3) by Sarina Bowen: Zach. ❤ I love this series and I was going to spotlight Bittersweet cause Griffin is everything, but there was something so endearing about Zach that I need everyone to know about him. He is such a sensitive soul. He’s not afraid to show emotions and is the most thoughtful guy I’ve ever read about. His relationship with Lark was stunning. They are as different as they are similar. I dare you not to fall in love with them.
4. All Played Out (Rusk University, #3) by Cora Carmack: Going into this book you never would have paired Nell and Mateo together. They literally run in separate crowds. Mateo is the life of the party and one of the star football players, whereas Nell is driven and so focused on her education that she leaves little room for socialising. Together, these two bring out a hidden side to one another. For Mateo, we get to see his tenderness and vulnerability. With Nell, Mateo brings her out of her shell and shows her that following her heart is not such a bad idea.
5. Walk the Edge (Thunder Road, #2) by Katie McGarry: There are so many couples I could have chosen from Katie McGarry’s books, and I was initially going to spotlight Isaiah and Rachel from Crash Into You, but Razor well and truly stole my heart. His and Breanna’s story just tugged at my heartstrings. “The boy everyone sees but nobody knows is with the girl who everybody knows but nobody sees.” Razor and Breanna are both outsiders in a way and their journey was heartbreaking, but so hopeful as well. These two deserve their happy ending.
6. Pipe Dreams (Brooklyn Bruisers, #3) by Sarina Bowen: I know I’m cheating by featuring Sarina twice on this list, but I had to give a shout out to my Bruisers. Leo is my number one guy, but I think Pipe Dreams is the best second chance romance. There is no denying the love between Mike and Lauren, but you also can’t ignore the hurt, anger, and longing that Lauren experienced after their split. This is a story that sees two people fight for their love because they know that what they have is worth cherishing.
Those are my recommended romance books and authors?
What’s your favourite romantic book?
Who’s your favourite literary couple?