My memory is a fickle sometimes. Over the years I’ve read quite a few books and it is hard to remember everything that happens in them. Sometimes they even overlap, which makes things even more confusing. I’ve also noticed that I tend to associate certain books with the emotional reaction I had instead of the actual content. Here’s a list of the books I loved but can’t remember much about.
1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: I love this book. I will always recommend this book to fans of magical realism. However, I don’t remember much about the book. I remember the ending, but the journey in between is all a bit fuzzy especially in relation to how all the characters link up.
2. Vicious by V. E. Schwab: Don’t hate me for this one. Vicious was the first book I read by Schwab and I remember that thrill of following this cat and mouse chase but that’s about it. I feel like a re-read would be beneficial now that there’s a sequel coming to this book.
3. Half a King by Joe Abercrombie: There are two scenes that distinctively stand out with this book, but everything else is a bit of a blur which is not ideal since I plan on reading the second book in the series soon.
4. The Mistake by Elle Kennedy: Out of all the books in the Off-Campus series, The Mistake was the one that didn’t have that great an impact on me. Honestly, I love Logan, but I lit up every time Garrett made an appearance.
5. The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore: This book is beautifully written. It’s so evocative and captivating. It’s easier to remember the magic of the book over the actual events.
6. Uprooted by Noami Novik: This might have more to do with the pacing of the book than anything. This book had so much potential to be amazing, but the flowery writing took away from the pacing of the book. Unfortunately, this also meant that the big events in the book didn’t have a lasting impact.
Those are some of the books I love but can’t remember much about?
Which books do you love but can’t remember?