Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
This week is all about the characters that make you swoon. There’s plenty to choose from, but some of them just take the swoon to new heights. These are the guys that I wish I could pull out of the book and into my life.
1. Tucker, The Goal by Elle Kennedy: The most recent addition to the list. Tucker is the definition of a sweetheart. His patience and devotion to Sabrina is heartwarming. He is an example of why you should never underestimate the quiet guy. This guy knows exactly how to sweep you off your feet.
2. Mateo Torres, All Played Out by Cora Carmack: This guy is the life of the party, but he also has a surprising soft side to him. In his company, you can guarantee that you’ll be laughing and smiling for most of the night. He’s the kind of guy that will make you step out of your comfort zone in the best way possible.
3. Razor, Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry: Another silent, thoughtful type. *Sighs* My heart goes out to Razor. He’s not had the easiest time in life. After losing his mother, Razor retreated into himself. However, when the right lady comes into his life, you get to see the carefree soul that’s waiting to be unleashed. He’s also a gentleman when he wants to be but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t live up to that bad boy persona sometimes.
4. Arin, The Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski: Be still, my beating heart. Arin. My troubled soul. He’s suffered so much but he never gives up hope. You’ll want to knock some sense into him sometimes, but his heart is always in the right place and there is nothing he won’t do to protect the one he loves.
5. Zach, Keepsake by Sarina Bowen: Zach is the sweetest guy you will ever encounter. He is such a hard worker and is an incredible friend to anyone who needs it. I dare you to not fall in love with him.
6. Luka, Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin: Luka deserved so much more. I am still so bitter about his fate. Thankfully the time we got to spend with him was enough to solidify his place in this list. He’s charming and flawed but also determined. He’s willing to admit his faults and does everything he can to help fight for the cause.
7. Garrett, The Deal by Elle Kennedy: My love ❤ I need this guy in my life. He is charming, hilarious and one hell of a sexy boyfriend. He’s a natural leader and is the most dedicated friend. He’s also a total sweetheart and completely devoted to the ones he loves.
8. Tarver, These Broken Stars by Meagan Spooner & Amie Kaufman: Our poetic soldier. Yes, you heard right. Tarver Merendsen is a soldier but he also has a soft, poetic side to him. Talk about swoon-worthy.
9. Finnikin, Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta: I will always love this guy. He can be stubborn and that stubbornness can make him seems harsh at times, but that is only because he’s determined. He has lost a lot in his life so you can understand why he can come across as guarded. However, he is also incredibly loyal. This guy would go to the end of the earth to protect the one he holds dear. His capacity for love knows no bounds.
10. Josh, I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios: My book husband. Actually, all of these guys are classed as book husbands, but Josh is right at the top. He is flawed, but he doesn’t make excuses for himself. He will admit when he’s wrong and do everything he can to make things right. He struggles with his PTSD and the loss of his leg, but he never lets it stop him from living. These are the moments we see him let his guard down and see just how caring and thoughtful he is.
Those are my favourite book boyfriends.
Who is your fictional crush?