Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
This week is all about the books recently added to my never ending tbr pile. I must admit I always forget to add books to the list on goodreads so for that reason I do a good job at forgetting which books I do plan on reading. For this week I’ve split this topic into two halves. The first will focus on the recent fantasy books added to the list while the second looks at the contemporary.
1. Renegades by Marissa Meyer: As soon as I saw this book I immediately added it to my tbr pile. As I’ve said before, this book sounds like it’ll take a darker tone and I’m interested in seeing how it all unfolds.
2. The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo: Another book I’ve been talking about a lot these days. Bardugo has already done a phenomenal job at establishing the Grishaverse, and this is coming from someone that has yet to read the Grisha series, and I love the idea of getting an insight into the myths and legends that dominate this universe.
3. The Queen and the Cure by Amy Harmon: Amy Harmon is an author I’ve heard a lot about but have yet to read one of her books. I finally have a copy of The Bird and the Sword and hopefully I can read that book before jumping to this one.
4. An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson: Let’s be honest, it’s the cover that drew me into this book. Simple as. Thankfully the summary makes this book sound like a promising fantasy read and I especially like that there’s a focus on art and creativity.
5. All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater: I completely forgot about his book. Maggie had me hooked with her Raven Cycle series so of course I’m going to be highly anticipating this release. I have no idea what to expect but I can see it being magical and captivating.
1. Girl Out of Water by Laura Silverman: This book has quickly become on of my most anticipated books of the year. This book sounds like a lovely coming of age story and perfect for the summer.
2. The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims: This book is the latest addition to the tbr pile. It’s another one that promises to have wonderful character arcs.
3. A Boy Like You by Ginger Scott: Everyone has been telling me to read this book and I definitely plan on it but I’ve decided to wait until the second book is released cause I’m told the cliffhanger in this book is cruel.
4. What to Say Next by Julie Buxbaum: I forgot I added this to the tbr pile. I love unlikely friendships because the dynamics between them is often full of banter. More than that, these unlikely friendships seem to help the characters understand things from a different perspective.
5. Changes in Latitudes by Jen Malone: I’ve mentioned this book a few times but who doesn’t love the idea of a road trip at sea? This book is perfect summer reading, I just need the Sun to show its face again.
Those are my recent additions to the to be read list.
Which books are on your tbr pile?