Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
Happy Tuesday everyone. This week we are talking about our most anticipated book releases for the second half of 2017. There are so many epic titles set to be unleashed to the world this year so narrowing down my top 10 was a challenge but I got there in the end.
1. The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo (September 26th): How can I not be excited about this book. I love learning about the myths of the world an author’s created. It makes it so much easier to immerse yourself in that world and have a strong understanding of it’s nature.
2. Renegades by Marissa Meyers (November 7th): This book sounds significantly darker than the Lunar Chronicles and the concept sounds epic so I’m excited to see the journey this book takes us.
3. Changes in Latitudes by Jen Malone (July 25th): Everyone knows I’m a sucker for a good road trip, even if said road trip is out on the sea. I’m always on the look out for cute contemporary novels to read over the summer and this one is perfect for that.
4. Invictus by Ryan Graudin (September 26th): Ryan Graudin has quickly become a favourite author of mine, despite my bitterness over a certain character’s fate. This book sounds like the perfect combination of time travel, it’s consequences and history.
5. Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff (September 5th): Definitely one of my most anticipated fantasy books. Nevernight was a great introduction to this world and I need to know what happens next. I’m also desperately hoping a certain someone’s fate is not completely sealed.
6. Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab (June 13th): An auto buy author. I loved This Savage Song and I am so excited to find out what kind of trouble Kate and August face this time around.
7. The Evaporation of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber (June 6th): This book sounds like the kind of book that will have you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end.
8. They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera (September 5th): It’s safe to say any Adam Silvera book will tug at the heartstrings so stock up on the comfort food and tissue cause come September they will be needed.
9. Bad Romance by Heather Demetrios (June 13th): Heather Demetrios has done nothing but blow me away with her novels, so naturally my excitement levels are in overdrive for this book. This book and the issues explored is going to make the book a tough read but it’ll be worth it in the end.
10. Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore (October 3rd): For fans of magical realism, this book is for you. McLemore’s writing is absolutely stunning and the characters are always so fleshed out and completely captivating. What’s not to love?
Those are my most anticipated book for the latter half of 2017.
What are your most anticipated book?