Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
This weeks topic is all about wanting more/less of something. Certain books have a habit of leaving me wanting more. Sometimes it’s because the book lacked a something or could have used some extra pages to fill in the gaps. However, most of the time it’s more of a case of me being greedy and not being ready to say goodbye to a case of characters. Here are the ten books/series that I feel could use a sequel.
1. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater: I think I’d prefer a companion novel more than a sequel, maybe one focusing on one of Puck’s brothers. I’d like to see how they’re doing and how Puck’s participation in the races changed thing; if it did so at all. I basically just want and excuse to check in with everyone.
2. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh: I love this duology. However, I do feel like the Rose and the Dagger could have benefitted from an extra 100 pages or so to it because some aspects in the book felt very rushed and unsolved e.g. Khalid and Jalal’s fractured kinship.
3. Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley: This book was ridiculously tense and really focuses more on Sam’s experiences as one of the first members to be accepted into a preciously all male military academy. This book didn’t have a lot of time for romance but there was a hint of something and I’d love to explore that connection with Drill and the obstacles they face.
4. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: This duology was perfect in every possible way. I’m just selfish and want a slew of novels following Kaz and the crew being all domesticated and causing all sorts of trouble. Plus, Inej and Nina never got their waffles and that is a crime in itself.
5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: Another series I enjoyed but I felt that the introduction of the Stelions overshadowed the real focus of the story which was Akiva and Karou’s dream. The introduction to the Stelion’s could have been explored further in another book.
6. The Archived by Victoria Schwab: I know that there was always a planned third book and I am praying we it. The story is so atmospheric and chilling and I just want more.
7. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater: Again, purely selfish reasons but I want to check in with my favourite gang. I want to see Gansey, Blue and Henry on their roadtrip adventure and Ronan and Adam being all cute and domestic.
8. Graceling by Kristin Cashore: There was a companion novel to this book but I didn’t really like Bitterblue. I’d have preferred to have a sequel following Po (I hate that name) and Katsa.
9. Penryn and the End of Days by Susan Ee: I want to know about the world after. The apocalypse came to an end but I really want to see what the new world would be like, especially with the continued presence of Raffe and the Watchers.
10. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: Now, the best thing about this series is that we are getting plenty of bonus material to feed our need for more. Basically I hope we never stop checking in with the Rampion crew.
Those are the 10 books/series I’d like to see more of.
Which book do you think could use a sequel?