Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
2017 is shaping up be a good year for books. There are an abundance of amazing books I’m looking to get my hands on but for the first 6 months of 2017, these are the 10 books I’m desperate to add to my collection.
1. History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera (January 17th): Adam Silvera has definitely left his mark with his debut, More Happy Than Not. If this book is anything like that then I will be hit by a flood of emotions.
2. Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken (January 3rd): For the most part I enjoyed Passenger, it was mainly the pacing that affected my enjoyment of it. With that in mind I am hopeful that Wayfarer is a bit more consistent in its pacing and I can’t wait to see where Etta and Nicholas’ journey takes them next.
3. Caraval by Stephanie Garber (January 31st): Perhaps one of the most buzzed about books of 2017, Caraval, is shaping up to be one magical adventure.
4. Wait for Me by Caroline Leech (January 31st): A forbidden romance set during World War II; that is all I need to know about this book. I’m a fan of historical fiction and this book sounds right up my alley.
5. Long Way Home (Thunder Road #3) by Katie McGarry (January 31st): I loved the first two installments in this series and I am so excited to finally get Violet’s story. We know she has a lot of history with the Reign of Terror and Chevy, so I can’t wait to unravel these mysteries and hopefully see Violet and Chevy come together again.
6. A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic #3) by V. E. Schwab (February 21st): This is THE book. I will stop at nothing to get my hands on this book as soon as possible. I need to reunite with Kell, Lila and Rhy and make sure they are all alive and breathing.
7. Hunter by Meagan Spooner (March 14th): A Beauty and the Beast retelling, what could go wrong with that?
8. A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi (March 28th): I enjoyed The Star-Touched Queen and when I saw that this book would follow Vikram and Gauri my interest was definitely piqued. Hopefully we can also check in with Maya and Akaran along this journey.
9. Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh (May 2nd): Mulan meets 47 Ronin. Talk about a winning combination. So far, I’ve been impressed with Ahdieh’s writing and hopefully this book is just as magical and badass.
10. Seeker by Veronica Rossi (May 16th): Riders set the scene for this series and I’m hopeful that Seeker will further expand on this world. I’m excited to have the gang reunited and see what kind of trouble they find themselves in this time.
Those are my most anticipated books for the first half of 2017.
What are your most anticipated books?