Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
This weeks topic was a TV freebie. I love binge watching and this summer I spend a lot of time catching up with The Walking Dead and I am hooked. The show also had me thinking about if/how I would survive the zombie apocalypse and unless I become invincible I don’t think I’d survive long. However, I’m sure these characters would give the zombies a run for their money.
1. Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows: He’s called Dirtyhands for a reason. He lies, cheats, steals and has no qualms walking over people for his own benefits. He’s very cunning and also knows how to strategies. His main hindrance would be his limp but he also has a loyal companion in Inej and the two of them would be a force to be reckoned with.
2. The Reign of Terror from The Thunder Road Series: You could try going alone but eventually people will need to find a way to adapt to this new world and in doing so create a thriving community. The Reign of Terror motorcycle group already have their community. They are brother in every way except by blood and when it comes to the survival of their loved ones they will fight tooth and nail to ensure their survival.
3. Mia from Nevernight: I’ve not finished this book yet but I think an assassin would have a fair shot at not being ripped to shreds by zombies. Assassins have a lot of qualities. They need to be stealthy and deadly and that combination can work in both a fight or flight situation.
4. The Horsemen from Riders: Surely the reincarnated four horsemen would have a high survival rate. Granted their abilities do have some set backs and their impulsive tendencies can get them into trouble but I’m sure they’d keep the zombies away for a good while.
5. Penryn and Raffe from Angelfall: Raffe has wings and last I checked zombies can’t fly so he already has that advantage. Penryn is also a skilled fighter and she’s already survived an angel apocalypse.
6. Sevro from Red Rising Trilogy: Unpredictable, yes, bus sometimes you need that unpredictability to survive. He has some unorthodox methods of survival but they’re effective. His loyalty may be his downfall but he’ll definitely go down swinging.
7. August from This Savage Song: Considering his creation I’d say August would be able to dose out his own destruction before the zombies get to him. As long as he has his violin in tow we’ll be safe.
8. Kell and Lila from The Shades of Magic series: They’re stubborn, reckless and impulsive but they are also resilient and together they balance each other out. I think Lila’s recklessness could be her downfall and Kell’s loyalty to Rhy will be his but together they are a deadly force.
9. Karou and Akiva from Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy : The chimera and seraphs managed to put aside their differences for a greater cause. These two races are fierce, deadly and monstrous. A winning combination.
10. Amar from The Star-Touched Queen: For those of you who know who Amar is and what he is capable of then you will understand why I think he’d survive the zombie apocalypse.
Those are the characters I think have a chance at surviving the zombie apocalypse.
Which characters do you think would survive?