Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
Hello everyone. Hope your Tuesday’s being kind to you. This weeks topic is basically one big get to know you session. I’m a pretty simple person really but I do have my quirks. So here are 10 facts about me. I hope I don’t scare you off by the end. 😛
1. I wasn’t always a reader: Yes, you heard right. In fact it was only until I was about 16/17 that I actually got into reading. Not reading was my rebellion in school. I hated being told what to read and I could never immerse myself in the books because I knew that I had to take notes, analyse, revise and then write an essay/exam on the book. However, as I approached my final years of school I decided to pick up the Hunger Games and it was that series that turned me into the reader I am today.
2. I am fluent in Welsh: Contrary to popular belief, Welsh is not a dead/dying language and my family is living proof of that. I was born and raised in a small Welsh village and Welsh is my first language. Cymru am Byth.
3. I’m an optimist at heart: We have enough negativity in the world so I try to look at the bright side of life instead of the doom and gloom. I just think that a smile can go a long way.
4. I truly believe that we are NEVER too old for Disney: You can’t outgrow the classic disney films. They are legendary. They have the best tunes, tear-jerking moments and some moments of pure comedy gold. My go-to Disney films are:
- Lion King
- Basil, the Great Mouse Detective
- Beauty and the Beast
- Tarzan – purely for the soundtrack.
- Robin Hood
5. I’m a History Graduate: I’ve always been fascinated by history and when it came to university I was 90% certain that I would do a History degree. I like seeing how the events of the past helped shaped our present. My favourite time period has to be the Middle Ages. However, despite this interest in history I can’t say that I will go down a history based career path. I don’t have the patience to dedicate my entire life to just one period/event/history figure.
6. I’m a tea drinker: How typically British of me. To me, a good cup of tea and the pitter patter of rain is the perfect reading weather. It just screams cosy, especially when you’ve wrapped yourself in a blanket.
7. I despise love triangles: This is a well known fact. These days I have zero tolerance for triangles. I just don’t believe in them and I hate the fact that in most scenarios the two interests are always pitted against each other and are put down to make themselves look the better option. Plus the shipper wars are just tiring and some of the wars I’ve seen are downright vicious and off putting. No, thank you.
8. I’m an introvert with extrovert tendencies: When you first meet me I can come across as shy but once I get to know you I will loosen up a bit and if that happens you will find it hard to shut me up. But after going to a big social event I like to spend the next day just relaxing and enjoying my own company. It’s all about balance. I like to have fun with my friends but I also like my “me” time.
9. I think Vampires are overrated: With the exception of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I’m not a fan of Vampires. When it comes down to the mythology surrounding them I find them to be pretty lacking. There’s not a lot you can do with them and they’re so overused. That “sparkling vampire” phase didn’t really help the cause either.
10. I love re-reading books: There are so many benefits that come with re-reading your favourite books. To start, it’s like reacquainting with an old friend and it’s so comforting when you can just sit back and relive their journey from beginning to end. I also find them to be a great cure for when that dreaded book slump hits.
There you have it. 10 facts to get to know me better.
If there’s anything else you’d like to know about me all you have to do is ask.
I’m basically an open book. 😉