Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
This weeks topic is to spotlight those underrated gems that get lost in the shuffle of the more hyped books. I must confess as I was looking through the list of books I had read, I noticed that I tend to read more of those “popular” books than the hidden gems. As I’ve only read a few underrated gems, I thought I’d highlight the books on my tbr pile I plan to devour that have under 2000 ratings on goodreads.
1. There Will Come a Time by Carrie Arcos: I’ve had this book on my tbr shelf for a while and for some reason it always gets lost in the shuffle of all the other books I have yet to read. I love the idea behind this story. Our main character, Mark, is dealing with the loss of his twin sister so I’m excited to explore the bond that they shared, the grief that comes with losing her and learning to live again without her by his side.
2. The Silence of Six by E. C. Myers: We all need to indulge in a good thriller every now and then and this sounds like just the right one to tuck into. Plus after watching Mr. Robot I’ve been meaning to read a book that delves into that hacking world.
3. Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn: Imagine a world where your destiny has already been decided…by your future self. That line was enough to draw me in to this book. I do like books that explore this theme of destiny and how the choices we make help shape them. It sounds like this book explores the question of whether or not our destinies really are set in stone.
4. Play On by Michelle Smith: I love a good contemporary. I’m not a sporty person but I do tend to enjoy books that feature some sort of sport. I’ve not read on featuring baseball before so I think this will be a fun, cute and romantic summer read for me.
5. Wake of Vultures by Lila Bowen: I didn’t know that this was a vampire book until I wrote up this post. I am not the biggest vampire fan but there’s something about this book that has me intrigues.
6. The Next Together by Lauren James: From what I understand this book is about two people that are simply meant to be together and this book explores their journey throughout the ages as their reincarnated selves come together time and time again.
7. The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens: I have seen a lot of people rave about Courtney’s books. Faking Normal appears to be the go-to book but I don’t think this book should be overlooked. The Lies About Truth sounds like a moving story that explores loss and forgiveness. I think I’ll enjoy this one.
8. Max by Sarah Cohen-Scali: I have been on a real historical kick this year. I’ve been so eager to devour these historical books and this one has been drawing me in from the moment I heard of it.
9. The Smell of Other People’s Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock: I’ve not come across many books that are set in Alaska and the synopsis of this book has me intrigued. I love the idea of these four people’s lives becoming entangled and exploring the way relationships and friendships are developed as a consequence.
10. Gambit by C. L. Denault: Can we just stop and admire the cover. It’s epic. I don’t even know what to expect from this book but I’m sure it’ll be dark, gritty and one hell of a ride.
Those are the books on my tbr list that have under 2000 rating on goodreads.
Have you read any of these books?
What are your favourtite underrated gems?