Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
This weeks topic is all about those upcoming releases set to blow us away in the upcoming months. I can safely say I have lost track of all the books that are set to come out this year but there are a select few that just won’t leave you alone. Here are the 10 books I can’t wait to get my hands on as we enter the 2nd half of 2016.
1. Nevernight by Jay Kristoff: August 9th: How can you not be hooked by the cover? The story follows assassins living in a world that is almost always surrounded by daylight. I just love the concept of this book and I can’t wait to get acquainted with this world and it’s occupants.
2. Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: October 18th: The format to this series is so creative and part of the excitement in the lead up to this release is wondering about the new designs and documents that’ll be featured in this intallment to the series. On top of that I am excited to meet our new character and be reacquainted with Kady and Ezra.
3. The Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia: October 4th: You can’t go wrong with a good contemporary. Yes, the characters embody two tropes we see all the time, emotionally closed off girl/bad boy with a heart, but you can’t help but root for these characters – so sign me up.
4. Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor: September 27th: It’s a new Laini Taylor book. I mean you can’t get any better than that. I have no idea what to expect from this book except for the fact that the writing will surely be beautiful, haunting and dreamlike.
5. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo: September 27th: I can’t get enough of these characters and of this world. Some of the events in the first book set up the main plot for Crooked Kingdoms and I am so excited to see what plans they come up with, the limits that are tested and of course the development of the relationships.
6. The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon: November 1st: Nicola’s debut, Everything, Everything was a hit for me. I breezed through her book within the day and I can’t wait to see what this book has to offer us.
7. Tell the Truth Shame the Devil by Melina Marchetta: October 11th: I had no idea that Melina Marchetta aka one of my all time favourite authors was bringing out a new book this year. Marchetta can basically write anything and everything. This is an adult thriller and once again I have no idea what to expect from it but I am excited to find out.
8. Heartless by Marissa Meyer: November 8th: My go-to author for fairy tale re-retellings. This book serves as an origin story for the notorious Queen of Hearts. I love origin stories and I have a feeling this one might have a few surprises in store for us.
9. Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin: November 1st: So many questions and I need answers. Obviously, Blood for Blood will explore the fallout of the climactic end to Wolf by Wolf. I fear that the consequences will be dire for some of our character and I can’t wait to see where the path takes Yael. On top of that I look forward to exploring more of the dynamic between Yael, Luka, Felix and Adele and the possible complications they’ll have to face.
10. The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by David Levithan & Rachel Cohn: October 18th: Finally a new Christmas contemporary I can indulge in this Winter. I enjoyed Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares and I am glad to have the chance to check in on these two again because I remember that need I had for more after finishing the first books. I really do feel like author’s need to be capitalizing on the wonders of a winter holiday setting.
Those are my most anticipated releases for the second half of the year.
Which books are you most anticipating?