Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
This weeks topic is to list the book to film adaptations you’re eagerly wanting to watch. My list is a combination of to be released films and films that have already been released but I have yet to watch them.
1. Mockingjay pt. 2. (Suzanne Collins): I loved part 1 and I am so excited to finally see the conclusion to this wonderful franchise. It’ll be a bittersweet moment when I do watch it because it means that we’ve officially come to the end. Tissues will be needed because there are several anticipated moments that I’m not quite ready to see.
2. The 5th Wave (Rick Yancey): I loved the book and while the trailer was kind of underwhelming for me I’m still excited to see the film. I think the casting for the film is great so I’m hoping it delivers.
3. Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children (Ransom Riggs): The cast has me so excited for this film. However, I am hoping that I get a chance to read the book before the films comes out.
4. Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda (Becky Albertalli): Again this is another book I’ve heard nothing but great things about and I think this might be a big hit at the box-office.
5. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl (Jesse Andrews): I’ve not read the book and I’ve not seen the film but I’ve heard a lot of people say that this is one of those rare films that actually prove to be better than the book. I had every intention to see this film when it was released but unfortunately my local cinema wasn’t showing it. Just my luck.
6. Insurgent (Veronica Roth): Confession, I’m not all that bothered about these films. I watched DIvergent and thought it was an okay adaptation. However, by the time Insurgent came out my excitement about the films waned. Also from what I’ve read I’m told that the film is not the best book adaptation. I’ll get round to watching it eventually but it’s not a priority at the moment.
7. The Book Thief (Markus Zusak): The Book Thief is one of my all time favourite books. It’s such a moving story and I love that the book’s narrated by death. I think because I love the book so much I’m hesitant to watch the film because I’m afraid that the film will not do the book justice. Clearly I’m protective of the book but I am willing to give the film a chance.
8. The Maze Runner (James Dashner): I own the books but I’ve not read them yet. I’m told that the film is actually a pretty good adaptation and I’m a fan of Dylan O’Brien so I might just cheat and watch the film before I read the book.
9. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight (Jennifer E. Smith): I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this book. Judging by the title I thought this would be one cliche after another. Clearly I was wrong haha. I didn’t know they were making it into a film and I’m very excited to see how it turns out.
10. The Help (Kathryn Stocket): This is one book to film adaptation I have refused to watch because I want to read the book before I see it. Unfortunately my mood reading tendencies and existing pile of to be read books have prevented me from picking up the book. I will eventually read it. I promise you that.
Those are the film adaptations that I’m excited to watch? Which film made it to your list?