Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
This weeks topic is about debut author’s whose sophomore novels I desperately need in my hands this very instance. I read a lot of series so I tend to class their entire series as their debut so my picks are of author’s sophomore series I need.
1. Katja Millay: The Sea of Tranquility remains to be one of my all time favourite contemporary, Young/New Adult novels. This book was so emotionally draining and I really connected with the characters. This book came out in 2012 so I am desperately waiting to see what Katja comes up with next.
2. Pierce Brown: The Red Rising trilogy is without a doubt one of my favourtie Sci-fi/Fantasy series. Pierce has this ability to create such a fascinating world with complex characters and all the twist and turns you could possibly imagine. With Morning Star coming out in 2016, I am excited to read Pierce’s next project.
3. Mary Weber: The Storm Siren Trilogy is one of the most beautifully written series I’ve come across. Siren’s Song is set to come out next year but I am also excited to see that her new series, The Evaporation of Sofi Snow, has been given the green light.
4. Michelle Hodkin: Every since finishing The Mara Dyer trilogy, I’ve been keeping my eye out on any news regarding Michelle’s next books. As far as i can tell there’s nothing to report on this front but I guarantee whatever she has planned next will be epic.
5. Erin Morgenstern: The Night Circus was released in 2011 and it’s one of the most captivating, dream-like book I’ve ever read so whatever comes next will be just as dream-like and stun me with it’s beauty.
6. Veronica Roth: Ever since Allegiant came out Veronica Roth has been keeping it on the down low. I know she has a duology in the works and so I can’t wait to see what she has up her sleeve…hopefully it won’t be as traumatic as Allegiant haha.
Those are my most anticipated sophomore projects? Who made it to your list?