Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish where we get a new topic for a top 10 list.
I am a mood reader so I don’t follow a reading schedule because the chances of me following it are close to zero. However, by the end of the year I am hoping to have read every single book on this list.
1. The Hero of Ages (Mistborn #3) by Brandon Sanderson: I’ve finally finished The Well of Ascension and I adore these characters and this world. I think the reason it’s taken me so long to finish this series is due to the length of the books, but it’s such a great series and is worth the read.
2. Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere Chronicles #2) by Melina Marchetta: After reading Finnikin of the Rock, I decided I needed to read a lighter book before finishing this series. One month later and I’ve still not picked it up. That is going to change very soon and I am really excited to jump back into this world.
3. The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick: I’ve been waiting for this book for so long and I am desperate to read it. However, because I’ve instilled a book buying ban, I can’t buy this book until my current pile of unread books is demolished.
4. Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff: This is my most anticipated release at the moment. I honestly can’t wait to get my hands on this book. I’ve heard so many amazing things about it and having read the sneak peak and watched the new book trailer my level of excitement is sky high.
5. Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer: I talk a lot about this series. I adore the characters, the world, and the story. Everything is coming to ahead in the final installment of the series and I am ready to see how everything works out.
6. The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy #3) by Sherry Thomas: This series crept up on me. I wasn’t expecting to love it as much as I do but I am so glad I took a chance on these books. I think there’s a sense of urgency to this book. With a looming prophecy and a lurking danger, Titus and Iolanthe are in for one hell of a ride.
7. On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta: I’ve fallen in love with Melina’s writing so my mission is to get my hands on all of her books. I’ve heard a lot of great things about this book. I have a feeling with all the fantasy I’ve been reading I’m going to need to have a break from that intensity and nothing would be better than reading a contemporary book by an author you already love.
8. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: I am really excited about this book. The premise and this entire world sounds so interesting. However, I am torn on whether or not I should read The Grisha trilogy first.
9. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon: The premise of this book is very unique and I really want to see how the relationship develops, especially with the unusual circumstances surrounding our protagonist.
10. Uprooted by Noami Novik: It’s quite rare to find a standalone fantasy book and I’ve been eyeing this book for a while now. This book has all the components I usually love in fantasy so I am definitely excited to get my hands on it.
There you have it, those are the top ten books on my autumn to be read list. Who made it to your list?